Pages

Monday, March 28, 2011

Problem with positive attitude - Sunday Ed (Off topic for some)

 
Good day Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Its Sunday, March 27th, 2011


Click for Mumbai, India Forecast



Author - Rahul D
(bruntno1@yahoo.com )
---------------------------------------------------------

Your comments and feedbacks always welcome
at 
Cybugle@yahoo.com  as well as at bruntno1@yahoo.com

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- ----

Working for God on earth does not pay much,  
but His Retirement plan is out ofthisworld.
Helpsomeone have anice day,
Withbestwishes,


~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~~ ~
Feelfreetoforwardthis post in its entirety
without changing the credits ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
Attitude it is said determines Altitude .. 
And so we are sagaciously advised to always maintain a positive attitude ..
Now, The problem with positve attitude is that its not practical
and does not work like its advertised ... or popularly promoted .. 

Yep, I believe so
Most of the time, its an ostrich with its head in the sand
Basically, there are two kinds of people in this world ...
The reasonable and the unreasonable ...
Reasonable men adjust themselves to their environment.
Unreasonable men attempt to change their environment
to suit themselves.
Therefore, all progress is the work of unreasonable men.
GBS by Edmund Valtman
I forgot who made the quote
(So sue me -  am feeling unreasonable )
Something quite profound comes across from that quote,
if only one will open oneself to the wisdom inherent in it ..
Now, I am not advocating being a complete ass*ol# ..
But lets get this part resolved ...
FOR
Resolution has power ..
It saves energy from being expended in niggling thoughts
that anyway do not let us accomplish our goals singlemindedly
Now,
Being a reasonable person has its virtues,
perhaps even more than being unreasonable .... :-?

I mean,
It keeps the peace ...
It keeps one flexible ..
Promotes goodwill ......
and
tests your faith and strengthens it
(How?? read on)
But face it,
reasonable is many times just plain laziness ..

A desire to avoid the complications and discomfort of facing the
truth and taking corrective action .....
Take my own example ..
I once had this track pant (I was in school then
that I was very fond of ..
but over time its fitting got loose and it wouldn't grip my
waist properly (see, that means i wasn't growing fat ,
otherwise
I wouldn't have had this problem..:D)
Anyway, I would take a cord and tie it to keep it
and common decency in place .... ;)
That was me being reasonable ....
One day, I got pissed off with this process
(Unreasonability kicked in) and I pestered my mother
to do something about it ... She took it from me to
see whether the elastic band could be replaced ...
And then we found it - both of us ..
A cord that had always been a little visible,
which when pulled out tightened the grip ...
All this while, it had been there ..
All I had to do was pull it out and tie it into a knot
I wished I had been unreasonable earlier ..
Reasonableness keeps
the mystery at bay ..
the answers at bay ...
progress at bay ...........
Unreasonableness
Liberates it
We could have been reasonable and coexisted peacefully
with the British as their slaves ...

But we took the unreasonable path
and gained Freedom
We could have been reasonable and
still be travelling in bullock
carts and horse driven cariages ...
But we were unreasonable and now fly in planes
We could have lived in sylvan surroundings by
being reasonable ..

But we were unreasonable and today live in
polluted cities and highrises ..
Uh .. oh..
wrench in the works ..
Bubble burst .. #-o
Being unreasonable has its downside ..
We lose tasting the fruits of Patience ..
The reasonable Man adjusts himself to the world
and therefore the world is safe for the unreasonable
to make progressive strides ...
Unrestrained unreasonableness like Kali the Goddess
can consume everything in its warpath ...
Shiva the reasonable, restrains her unbridled
energy and gives it a progressive direction
Uncontrolled Unreasonablility is destruction
Destruction of the world to mould it to our liking
Reasonability, like Vishnu is sustainence ..
It nourishes the world making it strong enough to bear the brunt
of the hooves of the horses pulling on the chariots of progress ....
Life needs both to be Life
At times, I am at peace being both ...
At other times ... well, that's a different story now :>
And Now time being a continously depreciating asset, lets not
waste it anymore but Seize the day as in
CARPE DIEM

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
My-Diary is a friendly forum and you can share attractive, motivating, appealing, exciting, fascinating stuff from your "Personal Diary". Medium of communication can be English, Urdu or Punjabi (Plain or Roman Text).

Kindly use My-Diary@yahoogroups.com for sending emails at My-Diary Group.

The theme of this group is to socializing about Islamic values along with promoting inspirational thoughts share some motivating, appealing, fascinating stuff with other by keeping code of conduct basic moral values for this group.

My-Diary Group encourages the sharing of English, Urdu and Punjabi literature. Along with that being part of this forum you will have right to address social issues and discuss anything that concerns life, people and society. My-Diary facilitates free flow of ideas and freedom of expression. It also affirms the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The Forum offers to assist individuals to host events promoting Pakistani/Indian/Urdu/Punjabi literature, culture and personalities.

Sure! My-Diary will turn out to be special group with your help and support.

Group Email Addresses
Post message: My-Diary@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:    My-Diary-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
List owner:   My-Diary-owner@yahoogroups.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|| My-Diary |||| Living together is an art || Current Group Rank is 23 in  2648 Pakistani Groups || 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My-Diary Group Home Page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/My-Diary/
My-Diary Google Site: http://sites.google.com/site/mydiarygroupsite/
My-Diary Blog: http://mydiaryblogsite.blogspot.com/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MARKETPLACE
Find useful articles and helpful tips on living with Fibromyalgia. Visit the Fibromyalgia Zone today!

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment